Sudbury and District Wargames Club was founded in 1994 by Steve Tee, Kevin Cook and John Murphy in the Red Cross Centre in Sudbury, with an average attendance of about 5 people. The Club has gone from strength to strength, the numbers of members swelling so much that we had to relocate to Newton Green Village Hall. We currently have over 70 registered members, with a regular attendance of around 22 people every Friday Night. We have diversified from standard wargames (like Warhammer) and currently have a plethora of Wargaming, Roleplaying, and Boardgames being played regularly. We also hold regular large scale Saturday events, such as tournaments and Participation games.
We Meet Every Friday Night 7:00pm – 11:00pm at Newton Green Village Hall, Newton, Sudbury, Suffolk, UK.
or if you like traditional directions: Take the A134 out of Sudbury. You’ll go into Newton Village. Take the second right once you’ve entered the village at the end of the golfing green. Go down then take your first left – and you’re there.
SADWC Committee 2013-2014
- Chairman: Brian Lawson
- Treasurer (and chief Key loser): Ryan Furlong
- Secretary: Tony Carr
- Vice Chairman: Dave Rew
- Under 23’s Rep (Tea-Boy): Aidan Starling
Fees & Membership Info:
- Non-Member Fees: £3.00/Evening (First 2 evenings free of charge)
- Members Fees: £2.50/Evening
- Lifetime Membership: £10 (after 6 paying visits and Committee approval)
- Over 18’s Only, Unless Accompanied by Parent/Guardian
- Contact Email: email@example.com
Grub and Stuff:
- Cans: 60p
- Chocolate Bars: 50p
- Fruit Juice: 40p
- Members visiting more than 50% of club nights in the 6 months prior to Salute get their entrance fee paid for by the club.
- We Regularly have competitions throughout the year, some of which have prizes
- The AGM is on the 2nd Friday of February every year
- At the AGM we hold a painting competition, and award a gamer of the year prize.
- Members receive 20% Discount (off RRP) at the Wargame Miniatures store (Paints and Brushes, etc) when Ryan remembers to bring it with him…