SADWC Blood Bowl League 2017 will begin on 20th January 2017.
Rules are pretty simple – we will follow everything listed in the new Deathzone book for league rules.
- All teams must be registered and updated accordingly and any changes must be sent to Ryan at the earliest opportunity.
- Each person can enter one team into the league, but may register more teams online for use in friendly matches and other tournaments along the way.
- All pre and post match spending/winnings/improvements etc. must be observed by your opponent, and recorded appropriately.
- All matches played must be recorded on this site at the earliest opportunity.
- The league will run for a maximum of 6 months, unless all matches have been played in which case we will end it sooner.
During the league
- Teams will be split into three divisions, then play-offs will occur to determine the final placings.
- In each division; games can be played at any point (I’m not going to list fixtures in date order), so long as you do not play the same player twice in a row.
As we have more players in one division than the other two, the following is how the divisions/league will proceed:
- Aramis Division: Teams will play each other team in the division twice. First and second place, after all games have been played, will then go through to the playoffs.
- Porthos and Athos Divisions: Teams will play each other team in the division twice. Then 1st and 2nd place in each division will play the two teams in 1st and 2nd place in the other division once. Then 3rd and 4th place in each division will play the two teams in 3rd and 4th place in the other division once. After this both leagues will be merged into Dartanian Division and the teams in 1st and 2nd place after the merge will go through to the playoffs. This allows all teams in all divisions to have played the same amount of games before the playoffs.
- Winner of Aramis will play the runner-up of Dartanian.
- Winner of Dartanian will play runner-up of Aramis.
- The winners from each of the playoffs will then play each other and determine a winner of the 2017 League.
- The two losing teams will play to determine 3rd and 4th place.
Physical prizes will be awarded at the end of the league for First place, Runner-up, Most Casualties, Most Touchdowns, Most improved player.
gp prizes will also be awarded dependent on final positions in the league. 1st Place – 100,000gp. 2nd Place 50,000gp. 3rdPlace 25,000gp
Spot prizes will also available. Each are worth 25,000gp
The spot prizes are: First league team to score 3 or more touchdowns in a match. First league death caused. First league team to cause 5 injuries in a single game. First league team to receive no injuries in a match. First successfully thrown player. First one-turn touchdown.
- Friendly matches may be played from the 1st January 2017, but you must still observe the above rule of not playing the same person twice in a row.
- Winnings from friendly matches are D3 instead of D6, and no MVP will be awarded in these matches, but all other increases/decreases in SPP/FF will be as normal.
- You may play friendlies during the league, but your opponent must not be in the current league, and must be listed on the sadwc website, and your team may only play each ‘friendly’ coach once during the season.
During the league we will run the IronStone Chalice Tournament – these matches will be pre-arranged and will be an exception to the same opponent in a row rule. It is proposed that we will not start this until March, and gauge interest.